Skills North West is a follow-on project from the hugely successful NIESF Skills2020 and Derry2020.
This community action employability/training project will reach participants most removed from the labour market, traditionally excluded and isolated and caught in a historic cycle of worklessness/poverty.
Target groups will include
- Long Term Unemployed (LTU)/ Unemployed
- Economically Inactive(EI)
- Ex-offenders, and most deprived/removed from the labour market
- Traditional/cultural worklessness
- Most socially excluded/at risk of social exclusion
- With low/no qualifications
- Lone parents
To enhance employability outcomes
- Provide tailored/holistic approach to meet complex needs of participants utilising existing community links/services(signposting)
- Offer one or more training course and wider employability soft skills.
- Track participants from initial assessment to completion.
- Follow up tracking monthly and 6 months post completion.
SkillsNW will provide specific support/development activities
- Initial needs assessment/agreed training plan
- Continuous intensive one-to-one mentoring
- Personal/Social Development Programmes
- Engagement/guidance/job coaching
- Sector specific training/work-based employability skills
- Career planning
- FE/HE progression
- Supported volunteer/work placements
- Pre-employment programmes with guaranteed interviews
- Accredited/vocational training
- Annual jobs/careers fairs in local DEA’s